Sunday, October 28, 2012

An Unfor-greta-ble Oktoberfest & Julep-mail

I know Oktoberfest ended about two weeks ago, but I was so caught up in all things Halloween that I didn't take a moment to pause for other October events.

Jesse and I visited friends last month, and attended an Oktoberfest event. I can tell you that potato pancakes and applesauce were consumed- along with our weight in beer. I even donned a traditional headband of flowers and ribbons. It was down right festive.

My current nails capture the spirit of that day perfectly. OPI's gelcolor in Unfor-greta-bly Blue from the Germany collection. I spiced it up with a bit of floral nail art ( no ribbons though). It reminds me a lot of Swimsuit, Nailed It! which I wore as my summer Florida pedi. It is less glittery than DVA's C10- the 19 day wear uber-gelpolish.



I also got some Julep-mail yesterday, in the tiniest box I have received via USPS. I recently joined the Maven program and I couldn't resist some additional shopping while I was at it. Inside was a nail polish, a sample of The Best Pedi Creme Ever and candy corn. Too cute.



I have been totally wanting some glow-in-the-dark polish and Serum No. 5's Day Glow has been escaping me. I end up with Sofia. One of the polishes in the bombshell collection, it is a translucent mint-green with a light turquoise shimmer. It has a gritter semi matte texture due to its phosphorescent quality.  It is currently on my toenails over a coat of Finger Paints Paper Mache.  I am way too excited that my toes glow in the dark...


Remember tomorrow the Halloween thrills and chills continue with our final week of the challenge! (I have to say I hope some of the ladies are up for a Christmas one, because I am already planning..lol)




No comments:

Post a Comment