Monday, October 1, 2012

Totally "blue" me away... ( OPI's OPI Ink)


The end of September brought rain, rain, an indigo gel mani and lacquer pedi and more rain. After two weeks of pink, I totally remembered why I hadn't worn it in seven years. Not terrible, but so not Elena. I was having flashbacks of two of my fave colors: Chanel's Ciel de Nuit (Night Sky) and OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark.


 So, you can imagine my bliss when I saw OPI's OPI Ink in gelcolor. Let me tell you- f'awesome. Deep indigo jelly base with a purple blue duo chrome micro glitter. Sexy as hell. I also consider this color very professional. 

 
I wanted the same color on my toes, but alas the lacquer was nowhere to be found. I took this opportunity to get my mad scientist on and franken a coordinating shade. Mixing equal parts Color Club Electronica and OPI's Yoga-ta Get This Blue, I fashioned a pretty decent companion color. 


Later that day, I was in Target and saw the new e.l.f. cosmetics Python collection. There it was- 20417. A $2.00 dupe for OPI Ink. I grabbed it for the inevitable gel incident until I get my nails done again. To all the peeps who have complained about the "eww gross smell" of 20417, show me a nail polish that doesn't smell. 

I know I have some people checking out this blog and my only fan isn't my devoted and way cool hamster-son, Mojo. So give me some feedback as to your sexy nail shade of the fall or tell me which color just needs to go away ( in my case pink, right now). I promise I'll love you forever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh here they are your pretty feet!! :) I find this overall look very greek

    ReplyDelete