Sunday, October 21, 2012

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour... (Guest blog & Sephora haul)

Our regularly scheduled challenge continues tomorrow, but I have a few things to hold you over until then...

First up, give a warm welcome to my mom, Marina. I mentioned using paper reinforcers (those little round stickers to keep paper from ripping in binders) to achieve that great french manicure arch. She was all over that. Of course in true Mom fashion, she kicked this mani up a notch by straying from traditional colors. This totally fits her chillaxed Florida lifestyle!

She did a base color of Sally Hansen French Manicure in Barely There. She did the tips in Sally Hansen Complete Manicure 530 Back to the Fuchsia (hence the blog title). This mani was finished off with a coat of Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails.



So on Friday, Jesse totally went above and beyond his normal awesomeness to help me score some polish. He came home at lunch to try to procure me some of the latest Takko Lacquer shades. Sad to say, they totally sold out as fast as they were posted. Better luck next time, I guess. I am still dying to get my hands on a bottle of Kiss the Sky. (Kelly's swatches of the color on Etsy is how I found her blog in the first place.)

In order to satisfy my cosmetics craving I just went to Sephora (two hours ago), and here is what I brought home...

I needed new lipstick and eyeliner. I ended up with Smashbox's Be Legendary Lipstick in Fig. I love Smashbox lipsticks and highly recommend them. For eyeliner, I got bareMinerals Round The Clock in 11pm (Charcoal Grey). Massive BE fan! I have way too many eyeshadows to count. It's so much fun to go from hot pink, to gold, to purple, to khaki in the same week.



I also picked up Julep's Winter Collection 2012. Awesome value! $70 worth of nail polish for $34 dollars. Beautiful fall and winter shades, all in full size bottles. The set includes:

Vivien- a silvery gold micro glitter with larger gold hex glitters 
Julia- a purple gold micro glitter in a semi transparent purple base
Demi- a rich blood red creme
Gayle- an elegant aubergine creme
Ellie- a beautiful pale pink shimmer with turquoise and gold undertones


I will swatch all of these soon, post challenge. Though I think Demi will be making an appearance this week...

Tomorrow, day six... spiderwebs!

1 comment:

  1. 1) always loving you being a movie freak like me eheh and your sci-movies quotes. Back to the Future was one of my childhood milestones!!
    2) So cute to see you including your mom in the nail blogging thing too, and her rocking her hand with a so fresh and young design. I adore to see not so young hands in here!
    3) Your mom has a beautiful name
    4) I am starting to love those Julep ladies, nice bottle, and I adore Julia Gayle (my name, in english) and Ellie!

    ReplyDelete