Sunday, January 13, 2013

Florida Dreaming: Glitter Gradient Mani FT. Julep's Madison

I have been feeling a bit homesick for my adopted state of Florida and it's two coolest residents ( Hi, Mom & Dad, xoxo). So why not a bit of color for a foggy and dark New Hampshire day?

I have yet to do a gradient and I also keep on forgetting to get makeup sponges to make it happen. Then genius struck... I was going to use glitter polishes and fake out the gradient. Let me tell you, it's super easy and it pulls off the look. 

For my ring, middle, and index fingers I started with a base of Finger Paints Paper Mache. I then painted the bottom half of the nails with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow. I covered the remaining white portion and a portion of the yellow with Wet N Wild's Can-Can You Hang the Mistletoe. I then did a stripe of Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Snow Globe over a part of the yellow. Lastly, I used Julep's Harper at the base of the nail. I finished the nail with a coat of Snow Globe and painted starbursts with Stripe Rite in White.




My thumb and pinky finger were painted with two coats of Julep's Madison and I used Stripe Rite in White to achieve the lattice-work effect. 


In the end it looks like drinking Mojitos, Pina Coladas, and Strawberry Margaritas in a Florida garden at sunset. Perfect. I'm booking my flight now...

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors here...all your awesome nail art makes me want to do some but I have way too many polishes to swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh don't worry my four new shades just came in so I will be swatching too... thank you for the love, I have just been dying to do all these crazy things... can't wait to see what I'll come up with next.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really LOVE this mani ! So neatly done and the outcome was amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Miss Lynn! it was a lot of fun... and I enjoyed just playing with all the random colors

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thank you so much, Ghila!! I am glad you like them, I wanted them to be super crisp and graphic

      Delete