Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Glamorous Nail Art: Inspired by Janet Hill's "Library Ladies"

Another day, another "Inspired By" post... today I want to introduce you to another one of my favorite artists, Janet Hill. I discovered her on Etsy and was just captivated. Her work is illustrative, detailed, and quite breathtaking. It recalls a time when things were just a bit more refined and elegant. I have purchased three pieces from her and was more than pleased. Also, I had the chance to exchange an e-mail with her and she is quite lovely as well! 

The piece that I chose to work from was 2010's "Library Ladies". I love how the piece is demure and flirty at the same time, quite the feat (ha ha.)! I combined some basic illustration on the pinky and thumb nail, with a modified ruffian manicure on the ring, middle, and index fingers to symbolize the ladies' dresses.

I used Revlon's Graceful as a basecoat for this mani. For the apple colored dress I used the following shades, Julep's Fiona, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow,  and Cynthia Rowley's Apple Shimmer. For the white dress I used, Finger Paints in Paper Mache, Julep's Fiona, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow. Finally for the robin's egg blue dress I used, Julep's Daphne, Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Golden-I. 




I drew the books with Julep's Delauney and Sinful Colors' Nirvana. The pages were done with Stripe Rite in White. The leg with the golden shoe was colored with Julep's Teresa and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Golden-I. 




I encourage you to go and support Janet's small business over at Etsy

I loved doing this mani and look forward to another inspired post...

Also, thanks to the amazing Ghila at Nails Noob, I am converting my Twitter account to support ECKlipsed by Color. Feel free to tweet me @ECKlipse, I'll totally answer back...

2 comments:

  1. You did awesome on these! It really matches the artwork well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! all the details were fun to do...

      Delete