Sunday, April 14, 2013

Strawberry Bubblegum: Inspired by Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience

"Hey pretty lady, this goes out to you..."

Well, lovelies, it is a mellow day, because I have had The 20/20 Experience cranked to 11 since I purchased it.  Justin Timberlake is Midas, in my humble opinion. So as a tribute to this pop/R&B phenom, there will be four posts of Inspired By looks based on songs.

This also gives me the opportunity to share the Orly Hope & Freedom Fest Collection. I absolutely love every shade. First up, Elation Generation is a stunning bubblegum pink jelly with an immense amount of holographic glitter suspended in it. I paired it with Boho Bonnet, a dusty pastel periwinkle creme. Both were amazing in three coats; they applied thinly and evenly. 



As JT says, "Strawberry Bubblegum, I'll be your Blueberry lollipop..." hence the nail art. The half-tone dots were done with Nail Candy Nail Art pens in white and pink, to mimic a bubbly and fizzy feel. The lollipops were done with Nail Candy Nail Art pens in white and turquoise. Clear rhinestones were set to accent the mani and give it that girly feel. This was a total departure for me, but I received a lot of complements on it, and really do love Elation Generation. 



Special shout outs to my girls just as obsessed with this album as I am... first and foremost Jasmine's amazing Nailista- her daughter. We can totally sing to this whole album sometime... Speaking of, Jamie and Kait... yeah, we totally did that.

Stay tuned for more nail art in 20/20 vision... it's about to get formal in here. I wonder what is up next...



3 comments:

  1. O my word.. Can I just say how gorgeous those Orly Colours are ? Making me super envious here !! I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEE the nail art, this mani is pure perfection Elena !! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!!! Look at my today's post sis!! LOL! mind reading..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors here..so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete